The Department of Innovative Learning Services exists to support student success through a number of portfolios and initiatives.
We seek to understand the changing needs of our learners, celebrate learning, support our staffs in capacity building, and empower our students to become strong citizens within their local and global communities. Our portfolio encompasses learning at the Pre-K level through to graduation, supporting our learners as they progress through the Pre-K – Grade 12 trajectory. Our work involves searching out and supporting a number of programs and opportunities for students, as well as networked learning opportunities for adults. In the 2016-2019 years, we will have a strong emphasis on curriculum, and supporting the shift to a redesigned curriculum model K-12.
The following list are areas in which the Innovative Learning Services provides support to schools and students in School District 8 - Kootenay Lake.
- Curriculum Implementation
- Education Committee of the Whole
- Technology for Learning
- French Immersion
- Collaborative Practice Projects
- School Plan development and support
- District ‘Framework for Enhancing Student Learning’ development
- District Professional Development
- Early Learning
- Support for Vulnerable Primary Learners (‘Read by Grade 3’)
- Leadership Development
- Ready Set Learn
- District and Provincial Assessments